Do you consider yourself a foodie and want the insider’s tips on the best foods no matter where you visit? If so, Cancun is a perfect vacation destination for foodies because you enjoy the natural beauty of Cancun with its great weather, stunning beaches and crystal clear water as well as try delicious Mexican food. Continue reading below about three food tours to enjoy in Cancun if you consider yourself a true foodie.
- Cancun Food and Market Tour (Riviera Maya Food Tours)
- Riviera Maya Food Tours offers a great way to get up close and personal to authentic Mexican culture and cuisine. Their Cancun Food & Market Tour allows attendees to try a variety of regional foods and also visits markets where the locals shop. Offering a sneak peek into real Mexico, this food tour gives you an experience that most tourists will miss and wish they had. Sample local products and take in the bright colors and smells of regional markets as you people watch. English and Spanish speaking guides are outgoing and ready to share their enthusiasm for Mexican food. If you are lucky, you may even get some secret recipes to take home with you so you can try your hand at cooking your favorite Mexican foods. Did you know that many Mexican foods have European, Middle Eastern and North East Asian roots? You will definitely learn a lot on this tour, and leave with a fully belly, so make sure you come hungry!
- Flavors of Mexico (Cancun Food Tours)
- Another top tour company is Cancun Food Tours. Their Flavors of Mexico Tour has tour attendees enjoying seven authentic Mexican dishes over a three and a half hour tour that visits four separate locations. Tours start at 5pm on Wednesday and Saturday evenings, and each location will be crowded as they have selected the most delicious spots for their tour. However, not to worry as you won’t be stuck waiting in line because your private table will be reserved and waiting for you. Sit back and sip the best of Mexican liquor including tequila, mezcal and xtabentun. Tour groups are limited to only ten people per group so that everyone enjoys a quality, personalized experience. Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will also share interesting Cancun history and provide a background on each food item you taste. In addition, tour attendees get sent home with special promotions and discounts you can use at some of Cancun’s best restaurants.
- Colors of Mexico Taco Tour (Cancun Food Tours)
- You would be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t love tacos. Simply put, tacos are without a doubt one of the tastiest and least expensive foods around. Cancun Food Tour’s Colors of Mexico Taco Tour is designed so that attendees get to try five different taco varieties including Mexico city inspired tacos, Yucatan cochinita pibil (pulled pork) tacos, Tacos al Pastor and mixed Surtido tacos. Four ice cold beers will cool you off if you add a little too much hot salsa to your tacos! These beers are included in your tour and you get to select which four beers you want to enjoy from a variety of 15 local beers. To satisfy your sweet tooth, your evening ends with the perfect dessert:
sugary, sweet Mexican churros.
Cancun has many great food tours that offer vacationers a chance to enjoy great food and learn more about the city’s history at the same time. Make sure your next vacation to Cancun includes one of these top Cancun Food tours.